israel-kills-al-jazeera-and-palestine-today-journalists-in-separate-attacks-in-gaza-–-middle-east-eye

Israel kills Al Jazeera and Palestine Today journalists in separate attacks in Gaza – Middle East Eye

Mohammad Mansour and Al Jazeera Mubasher’s Hussam Shabat were killed in air strikes across the Gaza Strip

Al Jazeera Mubasher correspondent Hossam Shabat in press gear (X)

Published date: 24 March 2025 13:47 GMT | Last update: 49 min 30 sec ago

Israel killed two Palestinian journalists in separate attacks in Gaza on Monday, bringing the total number of press workers killed in the Palestinian territory since October 2023 to 208.

Palestine Today correspondent Mohammad Mansour was killed in an air strike north of Khan Younis while Al Jazeera Mubasher correspondent Hussam Shabat was hit in his car in Salah al-Din Street in the north of the enclave.

The Government Media Office in the Gaza Strip said it condemned “in the strongest terms the targeting, killing, and assassination of Palestinian journalists by the Israeli occupation”.

مراسل قناة فلسطين اليوم الصحفي محمد منصور الذي قتله الاحتلال باستهداف منزل جنوب مدينة خانيونس. pic.twitter.com/nQgueBhrrd

— شبكة قدس الإخبارية (@qudsn) March 24, 2025

New MEE newsletter: Jerusalem Dispatch

Sign up to get the latest insights and analysis on Israel-Palestine, alongside Turkey Unpacked and other MEE newsletters

Translation: Palestine Today TV correspondent, journalist Mohammad Mansour, was killed by the occupation forces when they targeted a house south of Khan Yunis.

The Committee to Protect Journalists said earlier this month that, given the high number of killed Palestinian journalists, the period from October 2023 has been the deadliest period for journalists since the NGO began gathering data over three decades ago.

The deaths come as Israeli forces continue to press their renewed ground assault in the Gaza Strip.

Israeli forces have encircled the Tel al-Sultan neighbourhood in Rafah, southern Gaza, leaving 50,000 Palestinians trapped with little access to food and water, and the wounded “left to bleed to death”.

Israel kills five journalists in clearly marked press vehicle in Gaza

Read More »

Soldiers began encircling the area on Sunday morning, issuing a notice demanding that Palestinians leave the area.

The Rafah municipality said in a statement that Tel al-Sultan was “being subjected to genocide” with thousands of civilians, including children, women, and the elderly, trapped under intense Israeli bombardment “with no means of escape”.

It said that communications had been completely cut in the area, with the fate of residents unknown.

On Sunday morning, Red Crescent ambulances were on their way to treat wounded patients in Tel al-Sultan when Israeli forces surrounded their vehicles.

Israeli forces released one of the crew members after “severely beating him”, the Red Crescent said in a statement.

More than a day later, the fate of the other emergency workers is still not known. 

Middle East Eye delivers independent and unrivalled coverage and analysis of the Middle East, North Africa and beyond. To learn more about republishing this content and the associated fees, please fill out this form. More about MEE can be found here.

yalova escort,yalova,eskort